Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday 2011: #2

[We'll] Be Home for Christmas .... !

This year, maybe more than ever, I am so thankful to be going "Home" to Georgia for Christmas, and - for the first time ever - to have Christmas Day with Brett! Again, we both love where we live and enjoy this season in our lives, but there is something about being right up near the mountains, with the possibility of snow, a justified fire in the fireplace, and my mom's incredible Christmas decorations that make it feel like a winter wonderland more than anything else.

I'm so excited to play games and laugh so hard I cry along with everyone else. I can't wait to see Brooklyn and Grayson's antics. We are looking forward to great conversations with my family - ones that make us laugh hard, and ones that make us better people, and ones that shed some wisdom on our lives as well. I am so thankful that we are able to make the trek east and spend time at one of our "Homes away from Home".

And, I'm thankful that this year I get to spend the whole Holiday with my guy, share all our traditions with him from beginning to end, and have lazy conversations about what our own traditions will be as a family. Yes, I am so thankful for this coming Christmas :)

1 comment: