Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Picture of Moving

It's been a bittersweet few days as we grow closer to our next big move. Thank goodness we have been presented with some amazing opportunities to be with friends doing superbly California-ish activities: Sailing, Beach Bonfires, Barbeques, and the like!

In general, the balance between planning ahead or accomplishing tasks and living in the present has been very good. We're getting a lot done, but also finding time to spend time with people who we will miss deeply! 

Today is a task day, and as I pack a few boxes here and there I'm struck by how quickly time has flown by. It seems like minutes ago I was finally done setting up the house and feeling at home here. One of my favorite spots is our living room - it is open, airy, bright, and shows the "Ostrander Style" well, I think. It's sad to see walls that I've become accustomed to enjoying looking so plain again.


But, the sweet backside to moving: I'm getting an even clearer look at things that I've missed over the past months. It's so fun to take just a moment to look through that photo album one more time and relieve a few memories, or to see a collection of photo frames from all over the apartment and get a full look at our beautiful life! 


Moving forward isn't so bad, as long as one remembers to take a look around and rest in the present, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment