Sunday, September 30, 2012

An Aunt's Life

To my sweet, eldest niece:

You make me laugh! Do I tell you that enough? You exude feeling - perhaps more than anyone I know, you feel things deeply and truly. You are full of life, drama, conversation, opinions, and all sorts of hilarity. I don't always know what a day with you will entail, but I know that at the end I will have many more stories than time to tell them. And so here are a few....

First, you are learning Spanish right now, and a few phrases that have continued to bring you (and us) joy are:

"Mama, may I go to the bano, please?"

"Hola, Tia!"

"Hola Papa, Como Esta?"

Next, While all of us adults were talking, rather passionately and loudly as we often do, you seemed to be in your own world of play. But when we couldn't decide on the time of a recent event ("It was 8:00 I think"..."No it must have been 9:00...") you burst into the conversation and with your loudest, most authoritative voice you stood up to say "It was 9!!" Then, with a look around the room a heavy sigh you said, "I just can't handle this anymore.." and left us in astonished laughter.

Third and finally, You have truly grown up a Georgia Peach. While singing the song "Little Bunny Foo Foo" (Lyrics Here) you changed the chorus to say "..Down came the good ol' fairy..." in perfect southern style!

Hanging with you has always been and continues to be one of my favorite things to do. I love you, Chica!




1 comment: