Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Java


I made coffee this morning. Let me repeat that. I made coffee this morning. 

There was a need in the office, and I filled that need. I brewed coffee on a brand new machine. I brewed it like it was hot. And it was. And the best part? It was delicious

But let's start at the beginning.

I'm not a fan of new technology. In general, manuals and set-up, troubleshooting and experimentation: Not my strong-suit. I can rise to the challenge when
absolutely necessary (and, since my life has proven to be a string of incidents like printer jams, virus alerts, or error messages I have had to do that more often than I would like.) 

What can I say? I have a special connection with flip phones, good old fashioned hot water kettles, and using a cookbook instead of an app. I'm not what you would call a "trailblazer" or a "trail follower". If I were on a trail I would have stopped at the first river because figuring out how to ford the river would have been too much of a hassle. But I digress..

Here in our office we have quite a few professors, researchers, and even an occasional IT guy who need a good cup of coffee, especially on those cold rainy Georgia days. So, I thought to myself this morning, "Today, I will learn how to work the coffee maker, and we WILL have fresh coffee this Autumn". I quietly made my way into the break room, read the directions 3 times for clarity, and 


~ BOOM!

Ten minutes later (only ten minutes!!) a lovely smell came out. Roasted coffee beans. Just the right strength. Add a little french vanilla creamer, and you've got yourself a morning cup o' jo. De-licious.


Who knew modern technology could be so easy? ;) Next up, I tackle the touch screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment