Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gratitude


“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”  ~G.K. Chesterton

In the spirit of this month, with Thanksgiving fast approaching, I have decided to post each Thursday a few thoughts on what I’m thankful for. There is so much to choose from! Life really is sweet at the moment.

Today, I am grateful for where I live. Not only the cute little home that I have (with two fantastic roommates who keep me thinking and laughing), but also for the location. I don’t know where the future will take me, but for now this quaint beach town on the West Coast is treating me well. I have a great job, with bosses who care about my life and heart, there are friendly faces each day as I walk to work (and how many people actually get to walk to work?!), and I even enjoy a daily trip to the post office, where the employees care not only about mail, but about the latest community events.
Today was hot, but breezes frequented our rooms. I don’t look up enough, or listen enough, but the sounds of the waves are there, and the sunsets are always gorgeous, ending the day on just the right note. For now, in this place, I am so blessed and content!

1 comment:

  1. Super excited that you joined the blogging world! I have had mine for like a year now, but wish I kept up with it more often. Happy blogging best bud...

    ReplyDelete